Call for Applications
The MEALS4NCDs Project, led by the University of Ghana is pleased to invite applications from uniquely qualified individuals to fill one vacant Postdoctoral Fellowship position. The two-year fellowship, beginning April 2020 will be tenable at the University of Ghana School of Public Health. The Project is a collaboration funded by The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) Food, Environment, and Health Program—IDRC, Canada. The project focuses on measuring and supporting public sector actions that create healthy food marketing and food provisioning environments for children and adolescents in Ghana. It is hoped that such actions will contribute to preventing obesity and nutrition-related non-communicable diseases (NR-NCDs). The successful candidate will be engaged to undertake high quality research within the focus areas of the Project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY
- A suitable PhD degree or equivalent doctoral-level qualification (obtained not more than 5 years at the time of application) in public health, nutrition, epidemiology, or other relevant discipline.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Demonstrated commitment to pursue an academic career.
- Scholarly interests in food environment research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- The successful candidate is expected to spend up to two full years at the University of Ghana.
- He or She will contribute the implementation of the MEALS4NCDs Prevention Project, and other activities as needed. Under the supervision of the Project Investigators, the scope of the work will include supporting the development of research proposals, data collection and data analyses, writing and submitting manuscripts for publication, and supporting postgraduate students
- It is expected that the successful candidate will become an integrated member of the ongoing training programs at the University of Ghana and have access to a wide range of scholastic resources/opportunities, including:
- Regular seminars, presentations and discussions with leaders in the field;
- Professional development training and mentoring;
- Teaching opportunities (commensurate with experience and background);
- Participation in food environment stakeholder engagement meetings/workshops
- The successful Candidate will be paid a monthly salary in line with the University of Ghana pay scale. No benefits or travel allowances are included in the value of the fellowship.
To apply, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 30th 2020 using the Subject Heading: “MEALS4NCDs Postdoc”
- Cover Letter
- Personal statement in support of your application (including specific research interests in food environment and how you think the fellowship will benefit your research career)
- Complete academic CV, including any publications or research output
- Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates
- Copies of graduate transcript(s)
- Writing Sample
- Three Letters of Reference (Two of which must be academic references)
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview. The successful candidate is expected to be engaged by April, 2020.
For further information about the Postdoctoral Fellowship, please contact the MEALS4NCDs Project Principal Investigator.
Amos Laar, PhD.
Project Principal Investigator
MEALS4NCDs Project – providing Measurement Evaluation, Accountability and Leadership Support (MEALS) for NCDs prevention
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF)